Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's Behind the Name, The Gayla Pink Apple ?

 The Gayla Pink Apple
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 I am often asked....
What's Behind the Name,
The Gayla Pink Apple?
Here's the answer...

 
I started The Gayla Pink Apple blog because I wanted to share the things going on in my life as if you were sitting in my living room, drinking a cup of coffee, or enjoying an early evening cocktail with me.

The Gayla Pink Apple often serves as a tribute to something or someone.   A journal, of sorts, of my thoughts and opinions, and things going on in my life.   Experiences that define my life and who I am. 

What's behind the name "The Gayla Pink Apple?"   I started the blog in August 2012, while helping my daughter move from Boston to New York City.    I knew one of the first things I was going to do in NYC was run the Greater New York Susan G Komen 5K in Central Park.    As you know, New York City is known as The Big Apple.    Since the color pink is nationally associated with breast cancer, and as a breast cancer survivor, I definitely identify with the color pink.     I envisioned myself having a "gala (GAYLA)" of a time in NYC and also running in my (PINK) shirt in The Big (APPLE.)   Hence, The Gayla Pink Apple name!   Cute, huh? I think so <3 
 
It's a "Gayla,"
Me
 
 
 



 



 

1 comment:

  1. I do love gala apples - but eating a gala apple really had nothing to do with the blog name.

    ReplyDelete