Friday, June 7, 2013

Just a Swingin'

The Gayla Pink Apple

After all the backyard revamping going on the past couple months and now along comes this...The new "A" frame swing! 
We did it - assembly completed - It's ready for swingin'
If you know me very well - an "A" frame swing in my backyard - uhhh, NO and a big N O!   But, it's true! 

Well heck, why not?  I wanted a place to sit and look towards the house to enjoy all my hard labor and new plantings.   Sitting on the patio, looking towards the back fence, well, it's not as pretty as sitting at the back and looking towards the house where all the landscaping and gardening was done. 

So, an "A" frame swing ???? - not my first choice of style, but a swing itself was of interest - just unsure what type of swing.  I didn't find anything I liked better.  So, I kept coming back to the "A" frame.  Okay - let's do it!   I think it is just plain ole cute!  And, by adding a couple Adirondack chairs, the seating area out there is complete.  Who knew I'd be a swingin' in my old age.  :)

Just a swingin' - do you know the song?   The cowboy singing about swinging - just a swingin'.  Oh, by the way, I am not married to a cowboy -- but I grew up with cowboys.  I'm not a cowgirl either.  I am definitely a girly girl!  I prefer high heels, dresses, and the latest fashion over wrangler jeans, cowboy boots, stetson hats and belt buckles big as your hand.  My dad, uncle, and cousins are cowboys though!  Gotta love cowboys too.  For those of you that know the tune - Swingin' - Charlotte might not be swingin' in my swing - but, I will definitely be hearing that little tune in my head as I push off and lift my feet from the ground...JUST A SWINGIN'.

YES, I'M JUST A SWINGIN'
Gayla



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment