Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter March 31, 2013

The Gayla Pink Apple
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 Here Comes Peter Cottontail
Hopping Down the Bunny Trail
 Hippity Hoppity
Easter's On It's Way!
 
Blair  (age 4 1/2) with the Easter Bunny
Wait - Easter's here -not on it's way!  But, it's a cute Easter song to sing in your head, anyway. 
Easter bag of goodies I did for Blair when she was in college :)
Photos of her as a young child on the front!  Never too old for a little Easter Love!
 
When my daughter was young, we didn't over do Easter.  I didn't make a big deal of buying new Easter dress!    Yes, we would hide Easter eggs and have a fun day.   We would color boiled eggs and the Easter bunny would bring a basket of goodies -- chocolate, jelly beans, and stuff. 
Blair - age 18 months
Easter at my parents' home
We would, on occasion, visit my parents for the extended family gathering at Easter - but - it was not a yearly gathering.  By the time my daughter came along, the other grands were grown, and she often would be the only young child.  Not too much fun to do the Easter egg hunt with only one young child. 
Randy says "Who wants an Easter egg?" -- "Me," says Blair (age 2 1/2)
 "Me Too, woof woof," our little schnauzer
Regardless, I do cherish those Easter mornings and the love I know my daughter felt from my hours of putting together the perfect Easter basket of goodies for her.  I have spent hours upon hours finding that special little something to go in her basket and carefully tying the most colorful ribbon I could find!  A Easter Bunny's love! 
Blair (age 3 1/2) finding Easter eggs at my parents' home

Here Comes Peter Cottontail
Hopping down the Bunny Trail
Hippity Hoppity - Easter's on it's way
 
Bringing every Girl and Boy
Baskets full of Easter Joy
Things to Make Your Easter Bright and Gay
 
He's got Jelly Beans for Tommy
Colored Eggs for Sister Sue
There's an Orchid for your Mommy
And an Easter Bonnet too
  
And, most importantly,  a day of recognizing the resurrection of Jesus, and that Jesus died on the cross for our sins - his resurrection demonstrating his promise of an eternal home in Heaven.  The true meaning of Easter!

Oh, Here Comes Peter Cottontail
Hopping down the Bunny Trail
Hippity Hoppity
HAPPY EASTER DAY 
Today, my parents will be at my home for Easter lunch.  I didn't plan ahead too well this year and found myself trying to come up with something for making the dining table feel like Easter.  So, I pulled out my daughter's Easter baskets from years past, along with some of the plastic eggs which were sitting in the top of the closet - added jelly beans and "Viola!"  
My dining table Easter decorations for today's lunch
 
I'd better hop to it,
Gayla


 





 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment