Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Well, Hello, First Day of Spring

The Gayla Pink Apple
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, Hello, First Day of Spring
March 20, 2013

Do this in the fall. Spring bulbs in Pots: store the potted bulbs in an unheated garage or storage room. You'll need to water every few weeks since the pots won't have access to rainfall. In addition to small pots, pack bulbs "shoulder-to-shoulder" in big containers for an abundant display in spring. Toss aside the spacing recommendations so you can get as many bulbs into the container that will fit.
 
Welcome to the first day of Spring!  Several things come to my mind! Nice temperatures, azaleas blooming, flowers being planted (annuals) for blooming the next several months and perennials starting to bud and bloom.
 
 
 
Allergies, oh dear, yes, allergies start to intrude into people's lives. I do not have allergies - however - when I was younger, I had my battle with a few allergies. I think I really did out grow them.
 
It's time for pushing heavy winter clothing to the back of the closet and pulling out lighter fabrics, etc.   Some days I really want to wear that spring weather top but, burrrrr, it's still cold out, and my body is saying it still needs that big sweater! 

I'm putting up the boots, but keeping them easily accessible -  as you know, it's common to have some cold days here in our State during March and April.  At the same time, I'll be getting ready for sandals.  Making my appointment for a pedicure because you know girls need sandal ready feet at a moments notice.  Speaking of feet --- are you a toe cleavage person?  Yes, I am! 
 
Perhaps, I should be thinking of the first day of spring as the day the vernal equinox occurs - since technically that's what the first day of spring really is.  This is when the sun sits directly above the equator on its trip northward.  The sun isn't moving - Earth is! As Earth revolves around the sun, the top half, the Northern Hemisphere, becomes tilted more toward the sun as winter turns into spring. Ok, enough of the official stuff. 

I think we are lucky to live in a state with seasons. I kind of like that we experience Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall! Even though the temperatures can trick us at any given time - we still have our seasons.  For now, it's officially Spring!
Feet_nailpolish : feet of a caucasian woman wearing red nail-polish and flip-flops Stock Photo
Well,  whatever season we are technically in - for next few weeks - I'm going to use a little common sense - or at least try!  I'm going to wear my boots and sweaters when the temperature is cold and wear my sandals when the temperature is nice and warmer. 


And, I'm getting my pedicure regardless of the temperature!  Now, pondering what color polish this time!  I can assure you it will not be blue, black, green, or yellow - but promise it will be red, orange, or pink!  I have nothing against the chic modern blue, green, and yellow.  They are fabulous on you.  It's just that I go for the classic red, orange, and pinks. 

At this point in my life, I do not need to prove to anyone that I am cool, chic, stylish, and strutting the latest trend.  I'd much prefer to be who I am and how I see myself - which is in my classic colors and styles that best suit me. And, as for being cool, well, I am usually cool and if I'm not, I'll get me a fan!  :)

So, welcome to Spring!
And, pretty feet,
Feet_nailpolish : Closeup of a womans toes being painted with red nail polish.
Gayla













 


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment