Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Hotter Than a New York Minute

The Gayla Pink Apple
 
It is so dang hot - sweat is running down my boobs!  My hair is curling from the sweat on my head and my feet are moving in my shoes from the bottoms of my feet sweating too! 
 
I guess this is what is meant by the saying "it's hotter than a new york minute."  Being in NYC with Blair is great - but, it's great because I am with her - not because I'm in NYC.  As for being so dang hot - yelp - it's hot and everywhere I turn somebody stinks!  Oh well, maybe I do too!!  Anyone sweating this much is bound to be a little stinky. 
 
Blair worked last night and I decided to meet her in mid towne for her dinner break.  She gave me step-by-step instructions how to get there on the subway ALL BY MYSELF!  Oh my! I'm going from the Upper West Side to Mid-towne,  She says it's easy - just get on the correct train (number so and so color such and such) and go five stops and exit - take a left here and a right there - over so many blocks turn left and you'll see this and that and you're there.  Come in the door, turn left and wait for me. 

I bought a 7 day pass - I can zip my metro card as many times as I want.  Off I go!  Easy as pie!  Now, don't tell anyone - but, I sat there all alone - trying to act like I knew exactly where I was going - trying to look like a New Yorker - well, not really caring if I look like a New Yorker - but didn't want to look like a tourist, ya know!! Someone might steal my purse! LOL   I was secretly counting each stop.  I got on the correct train - rode five stops - and turned left here and right there - over so many blocks and turned left and I saw this and that and I was there! 

Well, this isn't hard!  Cocky me - - I can do this every day!  Oh no- now I've got to get back home by myself too.  Hey, if I can get there - I can surely get back home!  Just go down 7th avenue to Central Park  - but don't do this - don't do that!  Ghee!  Turn left and follow all the way to the metro stop.  Get on the correct train (again number so and so and color such and such) and go five stops - exit - turn right - then left - then up the stairs - then left and you're just a couple blocks from home.  Yelp, I did all that - but I did end up on the wrong side of the street from where I was suppose to be.  But, hey, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday - I am smart - I figured out exactly what had happened.  Strutting my stuff back to the apt. 

I did it!  Yay me!  I did it!  :)
Gayla

P.S. - these are not actual directions - I made them up due to blog posts being public.  FYI



No comments:

Post a Comment