Friday, August 23, 2013

??? Baby Heirlooms ???

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~
An heirloom?  Yes, we know it is an object or possession passed down from generation to generation.  Do you have family heirlooms? 
 
I have a few items which are, by my definition, heirlooms.  They are objects passed down from another generation.  I think mine could be described as possessions passed down from the heart.  I also have a few items I have purchased that I hope will be passed down to future generations, therefore, becoming heirlooms. 
 
You can tell from this post I have been spending quite a bit of time in my daughter's room.  The objects are near and dear to my heart.  I'd like to be able to tell you that I've been cleaning out the room - but that's not true.  I have no plans to remove these "heirlooms" from her room any time soon. 
 
First, two framed nursery wall hanging / pictures.   These were passed down from another generation to me for use in the baby nursery.     

I do not know specific details of them - I think they are fantastic.  The prints are still in their original frames.  The little girl, on the left, with her foot in her hands as if she is about to put her toes in her mouth - one sock missing - is just too cute for words!  The little boy, on the right, with one shoe missing and his bottle tucked under his arm while he is sleeping is absolutely adorable.  Just doesn't get any cuter than these! 
Pictures hung above the baby bed - 1989
My dear friend, Virginia, who is now 85, gave me these pictures. Virginia is not family by birth - but she is definitely family by love. The prints might be classified as antiques instead of heirlooms - but in my heart they are heirlooms. These darling prints hung in Virginia's nursery when she was a baby. How neat is that? Pretty darn neat, I think. Do the math and they are at least 85 years old.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Future Heirlooms...
 
 Rocking Horse
White wooden rocking horse - a future heirloom
Santa brought this precious white wooden rocking horse to my daughter for Christmas in 1990.  She was 15 months old and she immediately knew how to ride it. 
Blair - age 15 months
 She rocked and rocked with feet high and feet low -- a big smile across her face with belly laughs that would follow.
Blair on Christmas morning 1990- age 15 months
"What is it, she wonders!" 
It didn't take her long to figure out how to make him go.
This may not technically be considered an heirloom right now, but I hope one day it will be passed down to a future generation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 Rocking Chair
Baby Blair's white wicker rocking chair - another future heirloom
The white wicker rocking chair was a birthday gift to my baby girl on her first birthday (September 1990.) 
Blair sitting in her new white wicker rocking chair during her 1st birthday party.
Yes, it's sitting up on top of the dining table next to her cake :)
A fantastic number ONE birthday gift.  It looks like an heirloom to me, don't you agree?  Again, hopefully one day it will be passed on to a future generation.
 
Heirloom or no heirloom - these are just a few items that are near and dear to me and I can't part with them.  I think that means they must become heirlooms some day, don't you agree?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment