Thursday, August 29, 2013

What kind of florist doesn't have pompons, daisies, and roses...

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~

Today I am preparing for a small luncheon tomorrow to celebrate a friend's birthday.
 
A couple weeks ago I posted my preparation for a luncheon where I used tulips as the centerpiece for my dining table sharing how the tulips bend and bow and flip and flop, etc. 
 
This time I decided I'd order flowers and have them delivered.  Then I'd give the centerpiece to my guest of honor.  Yes, that would be perfect.  Even better, I'd order the flower cake like the one a friend sent me last month for my birthday.  Afterall, it was just fantastic.  I loved it and thought it was just the neatest thing. 
 
So, my decision is made and my centerpiece - the flower cake - is ordered to be delivered today, Thursday, August 29th! 
 
Here is a picture of what I ordered...
Happiest Birthday Flower Cake
The description of what I ordered: 
Our beautiful cake-shaped arrangement is hand crafted by floral artists from the freshest hot pink miniature carnations, white pompon daisies, green pompons, orange spray roses and more. Topped with festive candles, this unique floral cake makes the ultimate birthday gift! Measures approximately 8"H x 10"W x 10"D.
Includes:
• Unique Flower Cake Arrangement
• Pink Carnations
• White Daisies
• Green Pompons
• Orange Spray Roses


Here is what was delivered...
Orange flowers - Ugh!
Keep in mind, my table runner is the green one with green pedals and my chargers are black with pink dishes.  So, what do I do with orange and white flowers as my centerpiece?  Ugh!  Ugh! Ugh!  I am so frustrated and disappointed.  My birthday guest of honor doesn't like the color orange!!!  I know her that well!  She will wonder why on earth I used orange!  I personally love the color orange but I don't love this arrangement at all.

The flower cake delivered was approximately 5"H x 7"W  and the one I ordered was supposed to be 8"H x 10"W x 10"D.  I order green pompons, white carnations, white daisies with green center, and pink and orange roses.  I got white and orange carnations and one orange rose in the center. 

Piece of crap florist!  I decide to give them a call.  They might be surprised to find out that the person who ordered the arrangement is also the person who received it.  They probably thought I'd never see it.  I am told that when you order online the florist has the right to substitute flower, and color if they don't have the ones ordered.  That was the case here. 

Really, what kind of florist doesn't have pompons, carnations, daisies, and roses.  Pompons, carnations, and daisies are about as basic and cheap as you get.  What the heck DO you have?  That's what happens when I order online. 
 
Why, Why, Why!  Ugh, Ugh, Ugh.  I am so disappointed - I don't know what to do.  If you know me very well at all, you know this will not do.  And, I've spent my money ordering the dang arrangement and having it delivered.  I could have spent half the amount and just done my signature centerpiece of all one flower but a lot of them.  It's simple, elegant, and always right!!!   Well, to me they're usually always right.
 
Why didn't I just stick with what I know.  I always just buy two or three - sometimes four - bunches of the same flower - cut them short - put them in a simple vase.  It's been my signature arrangement for years. 
 
Oh well, time to regroup, ponder what to do and figure out how I can make it work.  I don't know how to make it right - but, one thing I know for sure - this isn't right, I know that for darn sure!
 
I suppose I can change the dishes and not use pink.  I can use white or green - I have both colors.  That would at least correct the color issue.  Other than that - I'm pretty much at a loss how to fix it.  Well, I'm off now to talk myself out of this funk of a mood.  Then I'll figure out something.
 
Hope tomorrow is better than today,
 
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment