Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tulips Dance in the Vase

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~
As I start to type this blog about my tulips - I automatically, in my head, start singing "Tip toe through the tulips."  But, singing that cute little song has nothing to do with this blog post.
Tulips dancing in their vase
It doesn't matter how much you tip toe around tulips when using them as a cut flower, it doesn't do any good.  
Tulips used as a cut flower in water flip and flop as they wish!
I am preparing for a luncheon tomorrow with friends I haven't seen in a very long time.  I am very excited to get together, but starting to notice I'm obsessing a little bit over the details -- it's not really like me.  Don't get me wrong - I always pay attention to the details, but I don't usually fret over them.
Tulips Bow and Bend

I bought tulips to use as the centerpiece. I knew tulips, as a cut flower, have a mind of their own. I'm not second guessing my decision to use them - well, maybe I am - but it's a little too late now. Tulips when cut and put in water bend and bow, twist and turn, and flip and flop, as they want. Doesn't really matter how you arrange them in the vase - they behave totally opposite of most cut flowers. Actually, it's the beauty of tulips as a cut flower...often floral designers say they dance in the vase. But, will my guests / friends know this about tulips or will they be thinking my centerpiece is odd looking? Then again, does it really matter? 
Tulips as a cut flower in water have a mind of their own.
What matters is that I put forth the effort to make the table pretty and for their enjoyment.
 
Oh well, they're very pretty, to me anyway - I love them - so, I can stop worrying - relax, let the tulips do their thing!  The pink dishes with black chargers and the green runner made of pedals are nice.  I think my friends will love them too!  I'll just let my freshly cut tulips dance around in their vase and enjoy their unique personality.
 
Tip-toeing,
Gayla 
 
p.s. - In case you're wondering what that thing is in the middle of the two vases of tulips....it's a ball covered with moss and if you look closely at the picture below - it's sitting on top of - yes, three of my bangle braclets.  Who would have guessed???  I only thought of the bangles because they were on my arm at the time I was pondering.  The tulips were a tad bit too tall for conversation, so two vases were used and placed where no one would be sitting directly in front of them. Something was then needed to go between the tulips.  Pretty clever, I think! 
Moss covered ball sits between the vases of tulips
 
### 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment