Saturday, September 21, 2013

Just a little backyard garden update...

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~

I thought I'd update you on some of my backyard garden, which has grown successfully over the summer months.  You may recall, I started the backyard make-over in April and finished it in July. 

Below are progression photos of the large planter I planted in memory of our little dog that passed away six months ago...
Photo #1 - first planted


Photo #2

 
Photo #3  
                                                                      
The photo taken today (pic #4) of Casey's planter - look how much it has grown!  It has completely covered the top finial.
~~~~~~~~~
The ivy trellis in a planter has also grown nicely.
 ~~~~~~~~~
 
July 2013 - barely can see the little ground covers planted between rocks
 
The ground covers, planted between the rocks, are beautiful today (two photos above.)  All of the different ground covers just took off.



Just about everything has done very well.  I lost two shrubs, of the nine, I planted close to the patio.  I'll replace them and if they do not make it through the 2nd planting - I give up and go with something else. All of the 12 little gem boxwoods which outline the walk are doing great. 
 
All-in-all, everything looks nice - I've really enjoyed it this summer. 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment