Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sometimes I can't resist adding to my collection!

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~
 
 Is it too early to buy Christmas decorations?
Well, obviously I started this topic of conversation because, yes, that's what I did today.  I can't resist buying an ornament, to add to my collection, when I find one at a discount type store.   I always justify the purchase because it's such a bargain.   
I claim I'm finished buying ornaments because I have so many - but - OMGoodness, I can't resist.  Interestingly, I seem to be able to resist buying them at the full retail price (sometimes)  but, man oh man, I can't resist when I find one at somewhat of a bargain price. 
You don't blame me, now do ya?  Whew, thank you!   Yes, I bought three!   :)
 
I also saw these darling Santa boots that would be neat dangling from the fireplace or sitting next to the fireplace.  But, my fireplace is too small to use them in that way.  I really wanted to buy them - I didn't.   They are made of plaster type stuff and open at the top - which means they could be used as a vase - it would be a big vase though.  I also see them being used on the fireplace mantel with greenery in them.  That means I'd need to buy two  because I am big on balance - a pair on each side of the mantel.  Hmmmm - now that might be perfect in my study/TV room.  Do I dare go back and get them?  I'll ponder it. 
 
Never too many ornaments if they are at the right price!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I went back to get the Santa boots - they were gone! I should have learned by now --- when you see something you think you want,you'd best get it because when you go back, it will be gone.

    ReplyDelete