Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Planter's Pal

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~

This is the neatest garden tool...
 
Are you familiar with the planter's pal garden tool? 
The Planter's Pal Garden Tool
A few weeks ago, Janet Carson, our local garden celebrity, talked about her favorite garden tool.  It is the planter's pal.  She said it was the one garden tool always at her side while gardening -and it was the only tool she usually carried with her all the time.  If you are a fan of Janet's - and I am - then you can guess her comment caught my attention. 
 
This morning, I drove to my parents to visit and I couldn't believe it - my Mother had a garden tool for me.  OMGoodness, it's the planter's pal!  The very tool Janet talked about in her newspaper column.  Yes, my Mother read the article as well, and she found the tool and bought it for me! 
 
The planter's pal is 7 tools in one.  It's  1.) a trowel/transplantor blade for planting;  2) a serrated edge for cutting open bags of mulch/soil; 3) a sharpened straight edge for cutting sod;  4) a twine cutter;  5) a weeder tip;  6) a tamper for tamping down stakes, markers and fertilizer spikes; and  7) an 11" measurement scale.  It's a very cool tool. 
 
It's a small thing with big uses.  It's also a small gesture with a big thank you to my Mother. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment