Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Spooktacular Day...

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~
 
Trick-or-Treat!  If you don't treat me, I might trick YOU!

I had a SPOOKTACULAR day - lunch with my friend, Stephanie!  When we were messaging back and forth planning our lunch - her fb message said "let's shoot for Thursday and have a spooktacular lunch."   So, we did just that.  Lunch today at South on Main started off my Halloween day in a...well, SPOOKTACULAR way!  I liked the place - if you haven't been there yet and are in the city, try it! 

And Halloween trick or treating tonight for kids...
 
What?  Trick or Treat? 
I like to put on a little Halloween gear to give candy to the kids.  When my daughter was young, I'd dress up in costume with her.  She is now grown and not here on Halloween - I put on a mask tonight for the heck of it.  Yes, it's really a marti gras mask - but tonight I'm calling it a bird or a cat.  I like to chat with the little ones - asking them their name - pretending not to know what character or costume they are wearing. Sometimes I honestly don't know! 

I also might just ask them where they live and who are their parents.  I look around to see if an adult is in the background.  I like it when a parent is with them - I'm not a fan of little ones roaming the streets without supervision.  I love seeing their little faces light up with excitement - sometimes even a look of confusion, but almost always a feeling of joy in such a little gesture as being given candy by a neighbor, friend, or even a stranger. 

Happy Halloween to YOU, regardless of your age or costume.  Eat candy and enjoy it --- tomorrow throw it away!

Gayla




 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment