Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Visit to the G'brier...A Surprise for Arden!

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~

As you can imagine, a visit to the G'brier to see family are in order while Blair is visiting this week.  And, a sweet little surprise for Arden to see Blair. 
 
Blair's grandmother, of course, wants to FEED her - just like I do!  Lemon pie and the best lemon pie in the world, too. 
"I heart NY" hoodie Blair surprised Arden with!
Arden, my nephew's 12 year old daughter, was so surprised to see Blair.  A few months ago while I was visiting my parents, Arden said to me..."I WANT TO SEE BLAIR, I HAVEN'T SEEN HER IN A VERY LONG TIME."  Her voice in her very matter of factly tone.  So, today Arden was greeted with a wonderful surprise with Blair sitting in the living room when she got home from school.  She goes to my parents (her great-grandparents) after school until her parents get home from work. 
Blair and Arden today at my parents' home
Imagine for a moment, how you felt, when you were 12 years old, or so;  if you had a relative or friend in their 20's; how much you admired and loved to be around them --- I think that's how Arden is towards Blair! 
Blair, my parents, and Arden today at my parents' house
I think when Blair visits my parents, she leaves  flooded with childhood memories of holidays at their house - it's kind of bittersweet, sad, and yet she is delighted to see them. 
Me and Arden today at my parents' home!
I know that's how I often feel when I visit.  Although I live only 40 miles from them, I'm still somewhat flooded with memories of my youth when I leave their house.  I sometimes have a lump in my throat and other times I'm glad for the 40 mile drive back to my own home.
Blair and me today at my parents' home
My parents loved seeing Blair today.  She won't be home for the holidays this year, so it was extra important for her to see her grandparents.

###

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment