Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's PINK Month

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~

Get out your PINK! 
It's PINK - PINK - PINK Time!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
 
 
October is what I call PINK month.   I get out my pink breast cancer stuff.  Anything I can think of that's pink or with a breast cancer pink ribbon, I pull out for October, gearing up for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure Event.
Pink Breast Cancer Ribbon on my Front Door during October
Old photo - 2009 - you can see my pink photo frames in background
I wear my pink reader glasses during October
Arm bracelets - one for each year as a survivor! 
I'll add the 9th one on race day this year!
Hope one day my arm will be so full I'll have to come up with a new way to recognize the number of years. 
Bright pink running shoes
My Race Day Survivor Cap with pink ribbon pins
and significant ribbons!
Each pin and ribbon have a significant meaning to me.  Some have names on them, while others represent a momorable moment.
Pink Ribbon Earrings for race day!
Pink Boots, too!
Not for race day, though!  :)
 
The Pink Leather Photo Frames, in recognition of being a cancer survivor. These used to sit on my desk at work! 
Pink Breast Cancer Beanie Baby Bear
wearing her pink breast cancer ribbon.
She used to sit on my desk at work, too. 
Yes, I drink my morning coffee in a pink cup!
And I also have pink dishes.
Survivor button
What a girl does to get a KISS! :)
Yes, I'll take a chocolate KISS, too!
 

I'll conclude by reminding you that October 19th is the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in downtown Little Rock!!! 
 
I'm Pink,
Gayla
 
 
.
 
 
 
 


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment