Thursday, October 17, 2013

Where There's A Will; There's A Way!

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Ladies, do monthly self exams and get a mammogram!!! 

Do you ever get an idea in your head and it just will not go away?  Me too!  That's what happened last week...
 
My refrigerator in the kitchen doesn't seem to function the way I want it to function.  Especially,  if I have guests and do any type of larger scale cooking.  This means that it holds nicely my little dab, of this and that, perfectly, as long as there's no friends or family in and as long as I don't cook a special dinner or holiday celebration.  My frustration comes when entertaining my friends or family and during the holidays.
 
There's an apartment size refrigerator in my basement.  That means up and down the stairs for any overage refrigeration needs.  Up and down - Up and down - Up and down!  Ugh!  My mind starts to churn.  Hmmmm, why don't I put that in the garage.  It would be right outside my kitchen door.  It would be - what, maybe - three steps away.  But, WHERE in the heck can it fit.  The garage is full.  But, where there's a will - there's a way.  My mind starts churning...
 
Well, I could move the portable shelving rack which houses stuff I seldom use.  Floral supplies such as glass vases; clear bubble bowls for fresh cut flowers; votive candle holders; tall skinny glass vases for a single stem; clear blocks to elevate food trays; an abundance of clear glass plates, boxed neatly and labeled; extra clear glass punch cups, boxed neatly and labeled.  Items I seldom use, but am glad I have them - they come in handy when they are needed.  And, where there's a will - there's a way. My mind starts churning...
 
Maybe the portable shelving rack will fit in the laundry room, just  m a y b e.  I'll measure it and see.  Well, it would be tight - but appears doable!  Ghee, that means I have to take everything off the shelf/rack - move it in the laundry room - and put everything back on the shelf/rack.  But, where there's a will - there's a way.  I'm going to do it!
 
Yay, it worked!  Now, I've got to get the smaller refrigerator moved from the basement to the garage!  It's not a full size, but it's not a dorm size either.  It's an apartment size fridge!  I'm pretty strong - maybe I can help my husband do it.  NO!  that didn't work.  Tried it - NO.  My neighbor behind me lifts weights in his basement.  When out in my yard, I often hear him grunt and moan during his workouts while lifting some pretty heavy weight.  Collin might help.  Yes!! 
 
Yay, it worked!  Whew, that's much better.  My overflow of refrigeration items are now just a few steps away.  No more running up and down the stairs to the basement.  I am thrilled with this little - big accomplishment. 
 
But, why is my mind still contemplating more???  Because when I moved the shelving/rack thing from the garage to the laundry room - I noticed a broom closet not being utilized very productively.  It would be so nice to have shelves in that closet - then house my serving trays, serving dishes, cake plateaus, punch bowl, candlesticks, etc.  Now, that would be nice.  Yes, once again, where there's a will - there's a way. I'm going to do it!  
 
How can I get this done???  My husband might be able to do it - but - lordy - do I dare ask him?  He isn't the handy dandy handyman type of guy.  It would really be stretching it to ask him to do it.  But, I might be up to asking.  I'll need to ponder and think about it.
 
It would be so nice, though!  I'd love to have all my serving pieces stored in one location.  Afterall, that closet only has a couple things in it.  It's definitely not being utilized wisely.   OMG, he thinks he can do it!  Hold me up!  I'm about to fall over in shock! 
 
Yay, Yay, Yay!  It's done!  I love it!  My serving trays, chafing dishes, punch bowls, cake plateaus, and candlesticks fit perfectly.  I painfully measured and customized each shelf so each piece would fit perfectly.  I won't bother you with all the mishaps, curse words, and frustration that came along with getting the shelving in.  The end result is that I absolutely love it!  I love all three of my little musical chair move abouts.  
 
The shelving rack from the garage to the laundry room fits nicely.
 
The second refrigerator moved from the basement to the garage is wonderful!
 
The customized shelving in the old broom closet houses my serving pieces beautifully.  
 
What's next?  OMG - please do let my mind start churning again.      
 


No comments:

Post a Comment