Friday, October 4, 2013

It's A Punkin Pumpkin Kind of Day!!!

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Ladies, do monthly self exams and get a mammogram!!!

My daughter is a pumpkin girl!  :)  

Is pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable?  I thought it was a vegetable, but google says it's a fruit!  Okie Dokie!  Either way, it is a favorite around my house.

I just know that my daughter loves anything pumpkin! 
Blair's Pumpkin Brownies hot out of the oven!
It kind of looks like a Jack-O-Lantern! Pretty cool, huh?
I wonder if she did that on purpose? :)
Blair and I decided to do some baking today. She loves anything pumpkin and likes to bake. Blair usually makes the pumpkin desserts, for me, during the holidays --- a pumpkin gingersnap trifle and a goey butter pumpkin cake are favorites. Our family loves both. A few years ago, we opted to replace the traditional pumpkin pie with some of her pumpkin deliciousness.
Blair's Pumpkin Brownie - Yummy
We, rather she, made Pumpkin Brownies, and pumpkin muffins with a cream cheese filling.  They turned out great.  Yummm-O!  These are recipes that should most definitely be added to her baking repertoire.  
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins in the making...
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins coming out of the oven.
It was a relaxed kind of morning, drinking our morning coffee, while gathering the ingredients to make pumpkin goodies.  
Blair's Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin!
It was about making memories - the two of us testing recipes in the kitchen!  No make-up, no tight jeans or heels, no running tights or iphones!  Girls in their jammies in the kitchen which warms my heart and soul.

My heart smiles,
Gayla



No comments:

Post a Comment