Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Swingin' C A T

~~The Gayla Pink Apple~~

 My favorite C A T swingin' for his birthday!

My Dad and me in his new "Birthday" Log Swing
Look at those overalls!!!  When I was growing up he never wore overalls; now he loves them! 
My Mother and I surprised my Dad with a delivery of this log swing for his birthday. His initials are C A T and his birthday is October 31st - Halloween!  Hence, the swingin' birthday C A T!
 
Some of you may recall, about a month ago while visiting my parents, my Dad and I drove to the AT&T store.  Riding in the vehicle, he says to me,  "I think your Mother would like to have a swing."  I replied, "well, buy her one."  An hour or so later, my Mother and I drove to a neighborhood store.  She says to me, "I think your Daddy would like to have a swing."  I replied, "well, buy him one."  I chuckled to myself wondering which one really wanted a swing.
 
Several months ago, I purchased the same log swing for my backyard.  I knew my parents liked the swing a lot.  Since my Dad's birthday was coming up, my Mother and I decided to buy the swing for him.  I'm pretty sure they both wanted a swing and I am confident they both will enjoy this swing a lot. 
 
My husband and I went to my parents house last week and he helped my Dad with the assembly of the new swing.  
The frame assembly!
The swing being assembled. 
Mr. and Mrs. C A T just a swingin'
My Dad can sit in this comfortable swing, look out over his property - he can see his pond - watch for the deer - enjoy the peaceful beauty that surrounds him.  Oh, uhhh, so can she!  There's room for them both.
 
Happy Birthday C A T!


No comments:

Post a Comment