Saturday, May 25, 2013

Clicking My Heels No More!

The Gayla Pink Apple
Do you recall my splurge purchase last fall in NYC?  The Dolce and Gabbana heels?  Well, I wore them tonight!  I was clicking my heels just like Dorothy - well, not really like Dorothy - but, indeed I loved wearing these sequin runway heels.
 
I have always enjoyed wearing my heels.  Through the years, I wore heels daily to work - just one of my signature things. 
 
One cold Thanksgiving weekend (2007) Blair and I drove to Chicago on Friday after Thanksgiving.  It was bitter cold with snow mounds piled higher than the top of my car.  I wore heels!!  Yes, I did.  I quickly took them off and switched to boots - but my point is that I had my heels with me!  LOL
My fab Dolce and Gabbana heels -- on "my" feet
 
So, for my splurge purchase while in NYC last fall to be a pair of heels was pretty typical, yet the shoe itself was not typical.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I put these shoes - the sequin Dolce and Gabbana heels - on my feet! 
 
Getting to the point of my blog - other than the fact that I wore these fabulous shoes - is that my fear of a possible rude awakening, for this lady in her late fifties, almost became a reality!  When you give 'em up, it's hard to get it back.  I haven't worn heels in a little over a year.  I haven't worked (outside my home) since the summer of 2011 and therefore, no longer wear heels daily.  Running around in flip flops or uggs boots - depending upon the time of year -- for the past year and a half - well, it kind of kicked me in the behind. 
 
Not to be outdone - I knew this would be a possibility.  Last week I'd walk around the house wearing a pair of heels to make sure I could walk in them tonight.  Yeah, do I really want to admit that?  Sure, why not - it's the truth!  Sadly, I think I lost the battle.  I can no longer strut my stuff in my heels without a little mental focus.  Oh, I wore them and loved wearing them.  I survived the evening in them.  But, I am so glad all I did was get out of the vehicle and walk into the State Capitol - made it up the stairs - sat down in a chair for the wedding ceremony!  Afterwards, walked back down the stairs and to the vehicle!  Whew! 

I may have to start doing laundry wearing heels, huh?
Gayla
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment