Thursday, May 2, 2013

Do You Have a Wall Like This in Your House?

The Gayla Pink Apple
 
Did You Write On The Wall?
Yes, We Did!
1999 - 2008 = age 10 - 18 yrs.
 
A Child's Height Chart Wall!
 
 
Did you allow yourself to chart your child's growth by measuring their height as they grew and marking it with a pencil on the wall?  Yes, I did!  It's a door in the laundry room and my daughter would back up to it - stand tall and proud as I marked the spot.  We'd write the date with her name or initials. 

Now that she is grown and out on her own, I still get to see this sweet reminder every time I do laundry.  Priceless! 

1992 - age 3-4 yrs

Yes, we had a decorative wall hanging growth chart in her room - it was Peter Rabbit - but - it's not nearly as special and neat as this door in my laundry room.  :))  As matter of fact, we never even marked on the Peter Rabbit one. 
 
And, when I'm gone from this house - somebody can just paint over it.  What's a little heavy duty primer and a couple coats of paint versus the fun we had writing on the wall and the smile it brings me when I look at it! 
 
Reminiscing a little today,
and doing a little laundry,
Gayla

No comments:

Post a Comment