Friday, May 10, 2013

My Little Brick Road (Walkway) Phase II

The Gayla Pink Apple
 
My Little Brick Walkway  -  Phase II
 
Last week, I shared my Little Brick Road (walkway) redo with you.  Well, I decided to extend the walkway further, angling it out and connecting it to a couple other areas of our neglected yard. 

I guess once I got started, I couldn't seem to finding a stopping place....so I continued the walkway over to meet the lower level of our yard.  Before and after photos shown above are not totally finished - but it's complete enough that you get the idea.

Since I'm on a roll, I might as well keep going. Before and after photos above -- the walkway which connects up with an old area and joins the brick steps leading to the lower level of the yard.

 
That's all for now!  Oh wait, I do have a phase III which I just started.  You can see part of it in the photo above on the right.  It will extend the walkway out to the large concrete bird bath which houses flowers in memory of our precious shih tzu, Casey, -- who passed away three months ago.  Actually, her little bird bath with flowers is probably what started the whole redo in the first place.  I wanted a more pleasing and relaxing atmosphere as I sat outside, secretly chatting with her, to reminisce while admiring her flowers. 

Yeah, I definitely need to do something about all those weeds instead of grass.  However, the back yard has so much shade, it is very difficult - almost impossible - to grow grass in the shade. I'm not sure yet what to do about that. For now, I need to finish what I've started!
 
I need a make-over now; Whew,
Gayla
 


No comments:

Post a Comment