Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Here Birdie, Birdie!

The Gayla Pink Apple
 
We moved into this house 30 years or so ago.  While pulling up old ivy, which was planted on a slope / small hill, I found the bottom portion of an old birdbath buried in the overgrown ivy.  I was never able to find a bowl for it - but, admit I really didn't try very hard.  I am not sure why - no reason really - just wasn't a priority.  However, I kept the old thing - moved it here and there!  Even spray painted it several times and used it as a plant stand, etc. 
 
 

While I was out shopping today, I saw this glass birdbath bowl! YAY!  I'm thinking, wow, here's a new top for the old birdbath bottom that has been in my backyard for years. Since I've been working the past month rejuvenating portions of the backyard - why not bring the birdbath back to life - I think it's pretty darn neat!  

Oh, the round rock in the center is a rock we found years ago and kept it because it was, well, round. Just thought it was a little unusual to find a round rock and felt it added a little 'interest.'
 
 
Here Birdie, Birdie!  Come get a drink or if you prefer do a little splishing and a splashing! 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment