Friday, May 3, 2013

My Little Brick Road...

The Gayla Pink Apple
 
My Little Brick Road (Walkway)


About a month ago, I blogged about how I was not a gardener, and how my association with the garden club ladies, some years back, didn't rub off on me very much.  I said the man of the house wasn't much into gardening either.  I even fussed a little how jealous I was of the garden club women who could just design and plant their landscaping and flower beds --  then tell someone else how to care for it.  In other words, they didn't really do that much physical labor.  Now, before you jump down my throat - I know a few of you who work tirelessly in your yard.  I commend you greatly.  I know who you are too!  So, this blog is not for you.  LOL!  I know you gals that love love love to be outside or working in your yard.
 
Since I am not working outside my home these days - ya know - the lady of leisure I claim to be --  I decided I'd try to improve our yard a little.  Well, frankly, I was to the point of being embarrassed that our yard looked so hideous.  I didn't think the exterior reflected how the interior looked.  Pat myself on the back!  The interior reflects me and, well, the exterior then must reflect someone else, right?  Actually, the exterior reflects me too and that is why I decided to attempt to improve the yard.  In its' current condition, it did not reflect me at all.   If you are my friend you'll understand that comment - but, if you have a caddy heart - you might roll your eyes.  I appreciate you as my friend, and if you are the ladder I won't know it,  therefore, it doesn't matter!   Moving on...
 
Here is the before picture... embarrassing!
 Neglected walkway in backyard
 
Attempting to make it better...below with a few plantings and a little brick work. Left side of walkway finished.
Too bad the buckets are in this picture!
But, hey, it's a work in progress!
 
Still working on the brick walkway and area...starting on the middle brick work.
Middle brick work almost finished!

 It's looking soooo much better, isn't it?  
 
Still working on the brick work...moving to the right side...uggg, I'm tired.  My leg muscles are working overtime.  I've hauled approximately 100 plus bricks from the brick pile, which is located on the lower level of our yard. That means I've carried five bricks at a time up eight steps to my walk/path work area.  Ghee, am I going to be able to run today?  I'd much rather be at the big dam bridge running than carrying these bricks and digging up weeds.  But, hey, I'm country strong!  Do you know that song - Country Strong?  Anyway, plowing on. 


My little brick road / walkway is practically finished!  A few little final touches and some spots to tidy up - but, all in all, it's done! 
Walkway no longer neglected!
 
I may not be a gardener, but on my way to the garden center to buy mulch!
 
Country Strong Done,
Gayla
p.s. - yes, I did it all by myself!!! 
 






 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment