Monday, December 31, 2012

A Year in Review - 2012 Highlights

The Gayla Pink Apple
*****************************
2012 Year in Review

As I look back on 2012, recalling several wonderful and fun events and moments during the year. 

Highlights of the Year!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little Rock Marathon 5K
March 2012
 
 Gayla
Little Rock Marathon 5K event in March was my first real official timed 5K! My official time was 35:44; pace 11:32; division place 3/31; sex placed 220/623 and overall placed 419/950 .  This was my best run, as I am a very very very slow runner.  I haven't run another 5K with this time since and probably never will - LOL!  And, a time of 35:44 isn't really a very good time - just good for me!  I worked that afternoon (what on earth was I thinking when I agreed to that) for five hours, helping a CPA with tax returns; went home, took ibuprofen, and fell into the bed dead tired!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Women Run - May 2012
Girl Power - Women Run Arkansas
Conway, Arkansas
 

                             Caroline and Gayla
                                                                                                Vicky and Gayla

Women Run Arkansas 5K annual event in May in Conway, Arkansas with my good friend, Caroline (photo above left.)  Also ran into  another wonderful friend, Vicky (photo above right) who was also participating in the event. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emerson College Graduation
May 2012
 Blair and Gayla before Commencement
Blair graduated cum laude from Emerson College in Boston in May with a major in Marketing Communications and a minor in Business Studies.  So proud of her accomplishments!
 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
San Francisco
June 2012
Top of the Mark, San Francisco
Gayla and Blair
 
My daughter and I went to San Francisco and the bay area in June celebrating her college graduation. 
Blair and Gayla
We rented these fabulous GPS guided yellow go cars to tour the city!  It was super fun and a wonderful way to see San Francisco!  They drive like a motorcycle, and the GPS system guides you with directions and information about sites as you drive through the city.
 
 
                                          Gayla
                         Blair 
 
We ran the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco (above photos: Blair photo left, Gayla photo right.)  The bridge distance over and back is 3.4 miles which equals a tad bit over a 5K (3.1miles.)  The weather was perfect and water beautiful during our early morning run!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
My July Birthday Flower Pup
I loved this adorable flower pup arrangement sent to me on my birthday in July!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blair says Goodbye to Boston (and, so do I)
August 2012
 Blair and Gayla - Rustic Kitchen (a favorite restaurant in Boston)
I spent five weeks with Blair (Aug and Sept) to say goodbye to Boston and hello to NYC.  I helped Blair move to Manhattan September 1st.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello New York
September 2012
 
Greater New York Susan G Komen
Race for the Cure 5K
Central Park 9/09/2012
 
 
Ran the Greater New York - Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Central Park - September 9, 2012.  My daughter and I ran this event together.  What a wonderful day and emotional celebration for me.
 
 
Brooklyn Bridge Run
Manhattan Bridge Run
 
   Gayla-Brooklyn Bridge                           
                                                                                         Gayla-Manhattan Bridge
 Ran the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge while in NYC with Blair along with many other NYC outings...
 
 Broadway Plays
Celebrated Blair's 23rd birthday in September in NYC with Broadway plays (Mary Poppins and Peter and the Star Catcher,) Times Square, and shopping Fifth Avenue, to name a few!  
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 Welcome Back Home, Gayla
 
Back to Little Rock to the real world of Gayla!   Just in time to start preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas 2012!  My daughter was home for both holidays this year and we had a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas! 

Cheers to 2012!
Gayla

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment