Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Have You Been Naughty or Nice?

The Gayla Pink Apple
*******************
Have You Been Naughty or Nice?
 
 
It's a cute saying, don't you think?  It kind of makes you want to raise your eyebrows and spread a little smile across your face, with a mischievous thought or two.
 
I recall a few times when I was a young girl being a little mischievous, aka naughty, when it came to Christmas gifts under the tree and leaving them alone until Christmas morning.  My oh my  - how those gifts tantilized me!  I was often a naughty little girl - who would open the gifts - see what was inside - then wrap it back and return it under the tree. 
 
I could remove the tape on the gift wrap ever so-so-so carefully, and slowly, without ripping one teeny tiny piece of the gift wrap paper.  I do not, for the life of me, know why, on earth, this got the best of me.  I do not recall doing it ALL the time - but - I do recall doing it a FEW times.
 
One time, in particular, I unwrapped a gift for a girlfriend.  I was spending the night with Karen Ann.  She wanted me to open one of her gifts under their tree for her, so I did.  It was a watch.  Then, she cried and got mad at me for opening it.  Dang!  or more like Sh--, YOU TOLD ME TO DO IT!   Well, I can tell you, I never did that for her again!  LOL
 
By the way, Santa still came to see me that year too!  My Santa loved me whether I was naughty or nice, sleeping or awake, bad or good, and even if I cried or was poutful! 
 
But,
YOU better watch out,
Better not cry,
Better not pout,
I'm telling you why!
Santa Claus is coming to town!
Gayla
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment