Saturday, December 22, 2012

Three Days Til Christmas

The Gayla Pink Apple
 
****************************

Three Days Til Christmas
I decided to share a Christmas memory each day for the 12 days leading up to Christmas day. There's no order - just a random Christmas thought or memory --- today it is 3 days til...
Flowers delivered yesterday - pure preciousness! 
So much fun to receive such a wonderful surprise at your door! 
A memory just made!

A few random Christmas thoughts...

On the Road
Several years ago, I asked my daughter what was one of her favorite memories of Christmas and she said the drive, as a young girl, on Christmas Eve, to my parents house about 40 miles north of LR.  She loved the three of us in the vehicle, singing Christmas songs while driving - and the drive back home after the celebration was over - listening to Christmas music again and reminiscing and talking about Christmas. 

************
Special Foods
The food - eating a lot of foods we do not normally eat!  Cornbread dressing, rolls, and pies to be specific!  I have discovered that it doesn't really matter if you're a chef quality cook or a open a can type of cook - your family loves your cooking anyway!  So it really is about gathering for the Christmas meal together! 

************
Enough Shopping
By this time - three days before Christmas - I am definitely finished with all the hustle and bustle of getting ready for  Christmas.  No more last minute shopping.  If I haven't bought it by now, chances are, I won't be buying it at all.  It is now down to serious cooking and reminiscing!  It really is NOT about the gifts at my house - it is about being in the kitchen together, relaxing throughout the day, and then sitting down together to enjoy dinner. 

************

Remembering
 
Just a few days til Christmas day now and often I find myself thinking about family members and loved ones who have passed.  Reminisce about times with them and things they would say - experiences I had with them - allowing my heart to ache a little while, missing their presence in my life.  My grandparents no longer with us - I talked about them in earlier blog posts.  Our little schnauzer loved Christmas.  We miss him.  He was such a joy on Christmas morning - he would sit patiently waiting for you to give him 'his' gift to open.  He didn't bother all the gifts - but he could open his!   

It is a natural thing to do - Christmas time is the perfect time to allow those thoughts and feelings to flow through your being.
 

************
Savor the Memories
Collage of Christmas snapshots
 
Soaking in the moments with my daughter to reminisce in my mind about her youth. Regardless of our age we still make memories and savor moments. Regardless of whether she is 3 or 23 every moment I spend with her is treasured! For me, seeing a photo keeps those memories and imagines in my mind - reminiscing through photographs makes for a happy heart. Hope you are able to spend treasured time with your family and loved ones this year during Christmas.  Life is made up of moments and I wish you many wonderful life moments to carry in your heart.
 
 

Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season.  Have you been naughty or nice?  

It's almost too late - either he is coming to see you or he isn't!  Which is it?
Santa Claus is coming to town,
Gayla

No comments:

Post a Comment