Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ho Ho Ho - Hope Santa Came to See You!


The Gayla Pink Apple


Goodnight All!
Ho Ho Ho
"My job is done," said Santa!
 
 
Hope Santa came to see YOU!
He came to our house because - We Believe! 
 
Hope your day was filled with great joy and love!
 
We enjoyed our Christmas Day with a lot of laughter and food!  Then came the beautiful snow and the not so beautiful power outages.  But, we made the best of it with no power for almost 24 hrs, and happy to have power again now. 
My front yard this morning! 12/26/2012
 
Christmas day, I made a stuffed beef tenderloin with trimmings and Blair made a Pumpkin gooey butter cake to send us all to the sofa to collapse with full stomachs.  No turkey for us this year - but we did cook a turkey several weeks ago for Thanksgiving.  Now that I think about it, last year we had beef wellington instead of turkey - hmmmm - wonder if that means our tradition is changing from turkey to beef tenderloin?  Guess we shall see!  Regardless, it was a wonderful day.
 
Our beef tenderloin Christmas Evening dinner - Dec 25, 2012
 
Delighted beyond joy to have my daughter home for almost two weeks this year.  It is easy to forget that it's not always a given that family will always be home or together at Christmas.  I feel very lucky this year to be with her for a while. 

********************
 Congratulations - Happy Retirement
I ran into a lady at Kroger a few days ago - she is now 90 years old - just so happened that I worked for her when I was 22 or 23 years old.  It was my first job when I moved to Little Rock.  She took me to San Francisco when I was very young - showed me the city - and the company paid for it.  Wow, I thought that was really something big - to travel with her to such a wonderful city.  Then, 33 or so years later, I took my 22 year old daughter to San Francisco to celebrate her college graduation.    I thought it was such a coincidence that this particular lady parks next to me in the Kroger parking lot on this particular day!  I introduced my daughter to the very lady that took me to San Francisco when I was my daughter's age.  Just thought was neat!  The lady is retiring at the age of 90 - this coming January 3rd - after 63 years working at the same company.  Happy Retirement OHC!       
 
Stay warm,
Gayla  

No comments:

Post a Comment